Choosing a fitting tablecloth for a table is important regardless of the occasion. Of course, this includes a round table too. Are you looking for a tablecloth to cover your round table? If you are, we can help with that. Here, we will tell you the standards and how to measure tablecloth for small round table. Let’s start with the standards first.
Standard Tablecloth for Round Tables
The length of a tablecloth you need will depend on two factors: the diameter of the table and the “drop” of the tablecloth that you desire. That means two tables with the same diameter will need different tablecloths if the desired drops are different.
Suppose the table has 30 inches diameter. If you want a 17-inch drop, you will need a 64-inch long tablecloth. If you want a 21-inch drop, you will need a 72-inch long tablecloth. Below are the details of the length standards for round tables.
- A table with 42 inches of diameter inch needs a 64-inch tablecloth to get an 11-inch drop and a 72-inch tablecloth to get a 15-inch drop
- A table with 48 inches of diameter inch needs a 64-inch tablecloth to get an 8-inch drop and a 72-inch tablecloth to get a 12-inch drop
- A table with 54 inches of diameter inch needs a 72-inch tablecloth to get a 9-inch drop and a 90-inch tablecloth to get an 18-inch drop
- A table with 60 inches of diameter inch needs a 90-inch tablecloth to get a 15-inch drop and a 108-inch tablecloth to get a 24-inch drop
- A table with 66 inches of diameter inch needs a 90-inch tablecloth to get a 12-inch drop and a 108-inch tablecloth to get a 21-inch drop
- A table with 72 inches of diameter inch needs a 90-inch tablecloth to get a 9-inch drop and a 108-inch tablecloth to get an 18-inch drop
How long your tablecloth should be? There is no one-size-fits-all answer here as the answer depends on your table size and the length of the drop you desired. That being said, the above are the standards that you can use to help you decide the length of your tablecloth.
How to Measure
Before we tell you how to measure a tablecloth for small round table, we will tell you how to measure the table first. Knowing the size of the table is very important. Why? Because if you don’t know the size of your table, it will be very difficult to search for the fitting tablecloth.
Here is how to measure a round table
- Prepare a tape measure
- Put the start of the tape measure on one side of the table
- Pull the measure across the table and write down the measurement. The result is the diameter of the table
Note: The standard height of tables is about 30 inches. If your table has a different height, be sure to measure and write it down as well. You will need it to measure the fitting drop of the tablecloth later.
That’s how you measure the table. Now, here is how you measure the tablecloth for small round table in case you don’t want to use the standards.
- Remember the diameter of your table that you just measured? We will use that to determine the length of the tablecloth
- Next, decide the drop length of the tablecloth. The drop length is the distance between the table edge and the outer edge of the tablecloth that drops down toward the floor. If you want the tablecloth to cover 18 inches from the table edge down toward the floor, that means the drop length is 18 inches.
- To get the ideal tablecloth size, add the diameter of the table with the twice drop length you desire. Let’s say the diameter of the table is 60 inches and the drop lengthy you want is 15 inches. The ideal tablecloth size is 60 + (15 x 2) = 90 inch.
As you can see, you can’t just buy a table cloth and use it to cover your table. You need to find a fitting tablecloth. Why? Because a fitting tablecloth for small round table will make the table look more appealing. And now that you know the standards and how to measure the tablecloth, searching for a fitting tablecloth shouldn’t be that difficult. We hope this helps.
Thanks for visiting tablecoversdepot.com, content above Tablecloth for Small Round Table: Standards and How to Measure published. Many people attempting to find information about Tablecloth for Small Round Table and certainly one of these is you, is not it?
What about picture preceding? Will be of which awesome??? If you believe so, I’l d explain to you several image once again below: